Class Action Wage Lawsuits Against the National Park Service

The Fair Labor Standards Act, which regulates pay for full and part-time employees, identifies what constitutes “compensable employment activities” and sets parameters for overtime and regular wages. Park Rangers, who work in the park system and provide essential services to the public, are likely to fall under the scope of this law. Fortunately, a class action lawsuit may be possible. Attorney Berger Montague is investigating a potential class action lawsuit.

GS-11 level

National Park Service rangers are graded according to GS levels. The higher your grade, the more money you make. However, you can’t go to the top of the ranger wage scale by completing a college degree. The GS-11 level is slightly above the middle and requires more education. Depending on your education and experience, you could earn anywhere from $55,204 to $71,764 per year. The highest-paid Park Rangers earn as much as $142,180 per year.

GS-12 level

Wage lawsuits are common among park rangers in the United States, but few people realize that the government is also the target of such claims. The National Park Service (NPS) employs a large number of rank-and-file employees, and they are the most likely to be terminated than top NPS officials. The number of terminations for rank-and-file employees was four to six times higher than that of top officials in 2012. While 2012 was an exception to this rule, it is important to understand the dynamics of the Park Service’s human resource management and labor relations departments.

GS-13 level

If you’re considering a wage lawsuit against the National Park Service, you should know that park ranger are graded according to their education and experience. The higher your grade, the more money you’ll earn. For a park ranger to reach the GS-9 level, you must have completed two years of graduate school, a master’s degree in a related field, and one year of specialized training. If you’ve had more than one year of specialized training, you can qualify for a GS-11 level position.

GS-14 level

A new wage lawsuit has been filed on behalf of a Philadelphia Park Service employee at the GS-14 level, Michelle Schonzeit. Schonzeit alleges that she is a victim of sexual harassment, discrimination, and other violations of federal law. She also alleges that she was subjected to Prohibited Personnel Practices and disparate impact on her family because of her gender. If you’re interested in pursuing this lawsuit, you’ve come to the right place.

GS-15 level

The minimum educational requirements for employment at the GS-9 level are two years of graduate-level study and a master’s or doctorate-level degree in a field related to parking ranger duties or specialized training. Those with three years of graduate-level study and a doctorate can also use one year of specialized training to qualify for a higher pay grade. GS-9 Park rangers may file wage lawsuits when they are denied their full potential.

GS-16 level

One firm is investigating a potential class action lawsuit on behalf of employees at the GS-16 level of Park Rangers. A class action lawsuit could be filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act, which regulates pay for part-time and full-time employees. The act defines compensable employment activities and sets guidelines for overtime and regular wages. If you’re not getting the pay you deserve as a park ranger, contact Berger Montague and learn about your options.

GS-17 level

Wage claims for park rangers typically focus on the GS levels (grades) assigned to them by the National Park Service. The highest grades are paid more and require more education and experience. A high school diploma will get you a GS-9 job, but many people have graduate degrees and specialized training. GS-17 park rangers earn more than the GS-9 minimum and should expect to work around one hundred and forty hours per week.

GS-20 level

If you are interested in a park ranger job, then you should know that the GS-5 level is the most common. If you do not have a college degree, then you will need to complete 24 semester hours of graduate study in a field related to park management. If you have a master’s degree, you can substitute one year of specialized training for that year. If you have more than five years of experience, you can combine the two, as long as the two percentages equal each other.

GS-21 level

A woman’s experience as a park ranger has paved the way for her to file a wage claim against the National Park Service. Michelle Schonzeit, a GS-14 level employee, has filed suit, seeking over $400K in damages. Schonzeit alleges rampant discrimination against women in the Park Service and Prohibited Personnel Practices against her. She also alleges disparate impact and treatment against her family.

GS-22 level

Attorneys are investigating the pay practices of parks and recreation departments across the country. Generally, federal law sets rules for paying employees according to how much time they spend on the job. When the park ranger earns $47 an hour, she would earn more than the GS-22 level. But the government isn’t following federal law. The GS-22 level is considered a middle-level position and attorneys are investigating how much more she could be earning.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Cameras (0)
  • Phones (0)